From the bestselling author of the Strong Women health series, an essential program for a strong, healthy, pain-free back and a toned midsection.
In this accessible guide, trusted women’s health author and exercise physiologist Miriam E. Nelson presents the essential information every woman needs to know to maintain a healthy back. Complete with clear explanations, practical advice, and lively anecdotes from women who have benefited from this simple and effective program, the book discusses:
– the major causes of back pain in women;
– how stress and other emotional matters play a key role;
– a straightforward exercise program to improve flexibility, strength, and aerobic fitness-designed specifically for women;
– advice for creating a back-friendly home and office; and
– explanations of the medical options available-and how to know when they might be necessary.
Strong Women, Strong Backs: Everything You Need to Know to Prevent, Treat, and Beat Back Pain