It’s not hard to sell most people on the benefits of massage therapyï¿½who wouldn’t want to lose themselves in an hour of therapeutic relaxation? But since massage therapy does carry some moderate expense, it helps to know about the many benefits of massage therapy.
Some people seek out the services of a massage therapist simply because they need some down-time to relax and refresh; certainly, this is enough of a reason to frequent the massage therapist’s office in itself, but there are also many health benefits of massage therapy; an increasingly large number of clients find their way to the table in search of relief modern medicine has been unable to manage. Likewise, clients also seek massage therapy services to supplement and enhance both modern and alternative medical treatments.
The Many Benefits Of Massage Therapy
Regardless of the impetus, massage therapy clients find numerous incomparable benefits in massage therapy; it is not at all uncommon for a client to come into massage therapy for the treatment of one symptom or condition, only to find wide ranging benefits of massage therapy that treat a number of other conditions.
The most notable advantages of massage therapy include:
* Improved blood circulation
* Stimulation/relief of muscle pain due to lack of activity (often caused by sedentary jobs)
* Increased alertness
* Decrease in back pain (one of the leading reasons for seeking massage services)
* Improved mood
* Reduced stress levels
* Reduced instances of stress-related illness including tension headaches
* Decreased muscle stiffness/increased mobility
* Improved ability to heal (in part due to circulation/stimulation improvement)
* Reduction in muscle spasms
* Increased physical performance/athleticism
* Improved deep breathing
* Improved posture
* Strengthened immune system
* Reduction in anxiety levels
* Lower dependence on medication
* Improved joint flexibility
* Lessened risk of depression
* Promotes healing of soft tissues, including scars
* Improved delivery of oxygen and nutrients
* Increases pain tolerance by releasing endorphins (natural pain killers of the human body)
* Eases pain of childbirth
* Relieves sleep loss/insomnia
* Increased energy, reduction in frequency and severity of fatigue
Netting The Biggest Benefits Of Massage Therapy
Even a one-time visit to the massage therapist can net excellent benefits; but for the most lasting benefits of massage therapy, regular sessions are recommended. Regular massage therapy ensures that the body continues to enjoy the increase in circulatory health and relief of muscle tension which directly contribute to the benefits of massage therapy. Over time, the expense of massage therapy sessions is easily mitigated in increased health and well-being, and in a large number of cases, in the savings enjoyed between decreased use and cost of medications, doctors’ visits, and time lost from work.